HC Deb 15 June 1937 vol 325 cc337-8
That it is expedient—
- (1) to amend the Teachers (Superannuation) Acts, 1918 to 1935, and to provide
for the amendment of the superannuation scheme framed under the Education (Scotland (Superannuation) Acts, 1919 to 1935—
- (a) so as to permit the surrender of part of a teacher's or educational organiser's superannuation benefits and, in return for such surrender, the grant of a pension to a spouse or dependant, or of an annuity to the teacher or organiser and a pension to a spouse;
- (b) so as to make further and better provision for the payment of contributions when service is discontinued and the contributor is abroad, and for the treatment of periods of absence abroad as periods of contributory service or of service within the meaning of the said superannuation scheme, as the, case may be; and
- (c) so as to extend paragraphs (b) and (c) of Sub-section (i) of Section twenty-one of the Teachers (Superannuation) Act, 1925, to educational organisers; and
- (2) to provide for other matters connected with the matters aforesaid "
Bill ordered to be brought in upon the said Resolution by Mr. Kenneth Lindsay, Mr. Elliot and Lieut.-Colonel Colville.