HC Deb 22 April 1937 vol 322 cc1908-9
39. Mr. Chorlton

asked the Minister of Health whether any committee has been constituted to correlate the work of water supply with that of land drainage between his department and that of the Ministry of Agriculture?

Sir K. Wood

My hon. Friend will be aware that, with the concurrence of my right hon. Friend the Minister of Agriculculture and Fisheries, I have appointed a Central Water Advisory Committee. I am sending my hon. Friend a copy of the constitution and terms of reference of this committee, which will, of course, be assisted by representatives of the Government Departments concerned. He will see that the question he raises is within those terms of reference.