HC Deb 21 April 1936 vol 311 cc78-9
And it is hereby declared that it is expedient in the public interest that this Resolution shall have statutory effect under the Provisions of the Provisional Collection of Taxes Act, 1913.
- (1) no account shall be taken of the value of non-rateable machinery in ascertaining the annual value—
- (a)of any property in Great Britain according to the general rule of No. 1 of Schedule A; or
- (b)of any property whatsoever for the purpose of Rule 5 of the rules applicable to Cases I and II of Schedule D, or for the purpose of Section eighteen of the Finance Act, 1919;
- (2) the profits arising to any person from the letting of any machinery the value of which is not taken into account for the purpose of assessment to Income Tax under Schedule A shall be deemed to be profits chargeable to Income Tax under Case VI of Schedule D;
- (3) in this Resolution—
- (a)the expression 'property' means lands, tenements, hereditaments and heritages;
- (b)the expression 'machinery' includes plant, machines, tools and appliances;
- (c)the expression 'non-rateable machinery' means—
- (i) in relation to property in England or outside the United Kingdom, machinery of any description the value whereof is not taken into account for the purposes of rating under paragraph (b) of Sub-section (1) of Section twenty-four of the Rating and Valuation Act, 1925, or would not be so taken into account if that Sub-section had effect with respect to the valuation of the property;
- (ii) in relation to property in Scotland or Northern Ireland, machinery of any description the value whereof is not taken into account for the purposes of rating under any enactment providing for the exclusion of certain machinery from valuations in Scotland or Northern Ireland, as the case may be, or would not be so taken into account if that enactment had effect with respect to the valuation of the property.