HC Deb 10 April 1935 vol 300 cc1263-4
Amendment made: In page 191, leave out lines 1 to 17, and add:
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers conferred by the preceding sub-section, no Act of the Legislature shall, on the ground that it would have extra, territorial operation, be deemed to be invalid in so far as it applies—
- (a) to British subjects and servants of the Crown in any part of Burma; or
- (b) to British subjects domiciled in Burma wherever they may be; or
- (c) to, or to persons on, ships or aircraft registered in Burma wherever they may be; or
- (d) in the case of a law for the regulation or discipline of any naval, military, or air force raised in Burma, to members of and persons attached to, employed with or following, that force, wherever they may be."—[Mr. Butler.]
Clause, as amended, ordered to stand part of the Bill.
Clauses 330 and 331 ordered to stand part of the Bill.