HC Deb 06 March 1934 vol 286 cc1753-4
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 69.
[Sir DENNIS HERBERT in the Chair.]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the County Courts Acts, 1888 to 1924, and certain other enactments relating to county courts, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (i) of such remuneration as the Lord Chancellor may, with the approval of the Treasury, determine to be payable to deputy judges and deputy registrars;
- (ii) of such contributions as may be made under the said Act by the Commissioners of Works to the expenses of local or public authorities for the purpose of providing court-houses, offices, and buildings for holding and carrying on the business of county courts;
- (b)the payment out of the Consolidated Fund—
- (i) of such sums as may be necessary for making good failures or defaults of the Accountant-General of the Supreme Court in respect of moneys received by him, or securities vested in him, under the County Courts Funds Rules;
- (ii) of such sums as may be necessary to enable the National Debt Commissioners to pay or credit any amount which they are required to pay or credit under the County Courts Funds Rules;
- (iii) of such sums as may be payable under the said Act out of the Consolidated Fund to persons whose accounts have been closed under the County Courts Funds Rules;
- (c) the payment into the Exchequer of any sum by which in any year the aggregate amount of the interest on money invested by the National Debt Commissioners under the County Courts Funds Rules exceeds the aggregate amount of interest due to be paid or credited in respect of that year on money placed to accounts under the said rules. (King's Recommendation signified.)—[Mr. Jamieson.]
Resolution to be reported To-morrow.