HC Deb 18 June 1934 vol 291 cc168-70

Order read for Consideration of Lords Amendments.

11.27 p.m.


I beg to move, "That the Lords Amendments be now considered."

These Amendments were inserted in the other place at my instigation. In spite of their formidable appearance, 90 per cent. of them are of a purely drafting or secondary character and the remaining 10 per cent. are, I think I may say with truth, agreed upon by both sides in the industry. I hope the House will agree to the Amendments to-night, so that the Bill can receive the Royal Assent on Friday. I am anxious for that, because it will give the industry six clear months in which to prepare for the coming into operation of the Act.

11.28 p.m.


It is not our intention to object to the Lords Amendments. The larger number of them are drafting, and some of them have been put in to make the Bill clearer than it was when we discussed it in this House.

The remaining Orders were read, and postponed.

  1. ADJOURNMENT. 16 words
Forward to