HC Deb 05 February 1934 vol 285 c792
29. Captain HEILGERS

asked the Minister of Agriculture the result of the recent poll of registered producers on the potato marketing scheme?


I am glad to inform the House that the result of the poll on the Potato Marketing Scheme, which was declared to-day, is overwhelmingly in favour of the scheme remaining in force. The result may be summarised as follows:—Of the votes admitted, 90.44 per cent. were in favour of the scheme remaining in force and 9.56 per cent. were against. The acreage returned by producers voting in favour of the scheme was 90.6 per cent. and that returned by producers voting against was 9.4 per cent. of the total acreage under potatoes returned by all registered producers.