HC Deb 06 December 1934 vol 295 c1829
70. Lieut.-Colonel TODD

asked the Financial Secretary to the War Office whether he will say by what authority a disability pension is awarded to an officer or soldier as the result of wounds or other disablement contracted on active service?


The authorities for awarding disability pensions to officers or soldiers in respect of wounds or disablement contracted on active service are the Royal Warrant for Pay, etc., of the Army, and the Great War and Former Wars Warrants of the Ministry of Pensions. For further information I would refer my hon. and gallant Friend to pages 250 and 265 of the Army Estimates, 1934.