HC Deb 03 July 1933 vol 280 cc9-10

asked the Minister of Pensions what steps are taken by his Department to notify the surviving parent of children that it is possible for the pension granted in respect of the deceased parent to be transferred; and whether, in view of the fact that cases still occur in which the surviving parent is not aware of this facility and suffers thereby, he will take steps to improve the methods by which such information is made available?

The MINISTER of PENSIONS (Major Tryon)

It would not be practicable to notify the surviving parent individually, as my Department does not usually know if there is a survivor; but the provisions of the Royal Warrant on this matter are specifically brought to the notice of every pensioner of the classes affected, by a printed statement in the pension book which is in his or her keeping. Further, the attention of all local War Pensions Committees has been directed to those provisions.