§ 8. "That—
- (a) as from the ninth day of November, nineteen hundred and thirty-one, entertainments duty shall be charged at the following rates:—
- Where the payment for admission, excluding the amount of duty—
- Does not exceed 2½d.—One halfpenny. Exceeds 2½d. and does not exceed 5d.—One penny.
- Exceeds 5d. and does not exceed 7½d.—Three halfpence.
- Exceeds 7½d. and does not exceed 10d.—Two pence.
- Exceeds 10d. and does not exceed 1s. 0½d.—Two pence halfpenny.
- Exceeds 1s. Old and does not exceed 1s. 3d.—Three pence.
- Exceeds 1s. 3d.—Three pence for the first 1s. 3d. and one penny for every 5d. or part of 5d. over 1s. 3d.