HC Deb 20 April 1931 vol 251 cc603-4

asked the Attorney-General whether a copy of every judgment of the Court of Criminal Appeal varying a sentence or quashing a conviction is sent to the judge, recorder, or chairman of quarter sessions who has imposed the sentence?

The ATTORNEY - GENERAL (Sir William Jowitt)

No, Sir. A shorthand note of the proceedings before the Court of Criminal Appeal is only taken in a limited number of cases. Notification of the order of the court is, however, sent to the clerk of the court of trial.