§ 16. Mr. TOM SMITH
asked the Minister of Labour if she is in a position to state the names of the Committee to be appointed to inquire into unemployment insurance administration?
§ Miss BONDFIELD
I have appointed the following as a Committee to consider and report to me upon the constitution and procedure of statutory authorities performing the functions of insurance officers, and Courts of Referees under the Unemployment Insurance Acts, and the nature of the evidence to be required as to the fulfilment of the conditions or the absence of the disqualifications for the receipt of unemployment benefit under the Acts:
1450 It will be noted that in addition to the membership which, as stated in my reply to the hon. Member for Pontefract (Mr. T. Smith) on the 18th July, I originally proposed for this Committee, I have decided to include a woman member.
- Sir Harold Morris, K.C., President of the Industrial Court (Chairman);
- Mr. John A. Gregorson, nominated by the National Confederation of Employers' Organisations;
- Mr. A. Hayday, M.P., nominated by the Trades Union Congress General Council;
- Councillor Mrs. Adams, member of the Northampton Borough Council, Northampton Board of Guardians, and member of Employed Persons' Panel of Northampton Court' of Referees;
- Professor F. Tillyard, C.B.E., Chairman of Birmingham Court of Referees, 1913–1928; and
- Mr. J. F. G. Price, C.B., Principal Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Labour.
- Mr. H. R. Hodges, Montagu House, Whitehall, will act as Secretary of the Committee.