§ 60. Mr. COUPER
asked the hon. and gallant Member for Tonbridge, as representing the Charity Commissioners if he will state the funds which are vested in the hands of the Charity Commissioners for the Salvation Army; whether there is more than one specific fund; and the total amount of the fund or funds?
§ Lieut.-Colonel SPENDER-CLAY (Charity Commissioner)
As the answer contains a number of figures, I propose with the hon. Member's permission to circulate it in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Mr. COUPER
Can the hon. and gallant Gentleman give me the answer to the last part of the question? What is the total amount?
§ Lieut.-Colonel SPENDER-CLAY
I can add up the figures and give the hon. Gentleman the total if he will allow me a few moments in which to do it.
§ Following is the answer:
§ The following sums of stock held for the general benefit of the Salvation Army or for special purposes in connection therewith are now standing in the name of the Official Trustees of Charitable Funds:—
§ Charity and Stock.
"Trust Property in connection with the Salvation Army":£535 6s. 4d. 5 per cent. War Stock.
§ Gifts of Mary Jane Fowler for Homes for Aged Women and Children:
- £8,000 2½ per cent. Console.
- £16,055 14s. 1d. 2½ per cent. Consols.
- £419 13s. 7d. 4 per cent. Consols.
- £2,488 London Midland and Scottish 4 per cent. Debenture Stock.
- £11,250 London Midland and Scottish 4 per cent. Preference Stock.
- £1,000 New Zealand 4 per cent. Consolidated Stock, 1929.
§ The General of the Salvation Army Fund:
- £9,701 8s. 11d. 5 per cent. War Stock.
- £815 London Midland and Scottish 4 per cent. Guaranteed Stock.
- £2,000 India 2½ per cent. Stock.
- £418 United States and General Trust Corporation Limited 4 per cent. Debenture Stock.
- £800 Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway Company, Limited, 4 per cent. Debenture Stock, 1938.
- £4,139 3½ per cent. Conversion Stock, 1961.
- £1,115 15s. 0d. 4 per cent. Funding Stock.
§ Gift of Saria Seare for free meals for the poor of the Civil Parishes of St. George the Martyr, Southwark, and St. Saviour's, Southwark:
§ £463 14s. 3d. 4 per cent. Funding Stock.2187
§ Gift of Gabriel Williams for the benefit of the Salvation Army in Bridgwater.
§ £1,079 9s. 5 per cent. War Stock.
§ Blackmore Missions Fund for rescue of fallen women in the County of London:
§ £1,704 6s. 11d. 2½ per cent. Consols.