§ 61. Mr. LLEWELLYN-JONES
asked the Minister of Health whether he will furnish a list of advisory or other committees which have been set up by the Ministry of Health in connection with the administration of National Health Insurance or of public health generally since the commencement of the year 1925; and whether he will indicate on which of these committees provision has been made for the inclusion of members from Wales, including Monmouthshire, and the number of such members on each committee?
§ Mr. GREENWOOD
With the hon. Member's permission, I will circulate in the OFFICIAL REPORT a statement of the facts for which he asks in the first part of the question. I am not in a position to reply specifically to the second part of the question, since I am advised that in many instances it has not been considered relevant to the object for which the committee was set up to inquire whether all or any of the members could be considered to belong to particular parts of Great Britain.
§ Lieut.-Colonel FREMANTLE
Is it not true that, in spite of the fact that the right hon. Gentleman will not give an answer, the general effect is that that part of the scheme since the formation of the Ministry of Health, has been a dead letter?
§ Following is the statement:
- Committee on Post Graduate Medical Education.
- Committee on Vaccination.
- Dental Benefit Joint Committee—which has now been replaced by the Dental Benefit Council.
- Advisory Committee under Therapeutic Substances Act, 1925.
- Medical Advisory Committee on Decennial Revision of International List of Causes of Death.
- Committee on the Optical Practitioners (Registration) Bill.
- Advisory Committee under Article 41 of Medical Benefit Regulations, 1928.
- Committee on Ethyl Petrol.
- Committee on Training and Employment of Midwives.
- Committee on Maternity Mortality.
- Pharmaceutical Distribution Committee under Article 25 of Medical Benefit Regulations, 1928.
- Joint Advisory Committee on Pollution of Rivers and Streams.
- Advisory Committee on the Definition of Drugs for the purposes of Medical Benefit under the National Health Insurance Acts.