HC Deb 16 December 1929 vol 233 cc951-2

asked the Minister of Pensions if he will instruct area officers to grant the right of re-appeal for a renewal of pension, under the procedure for the correction of errors, where the ex-Service man claims to be suffering from deterioration following a final award?


I would point out that it is open to any pensioner in receipt of a final award to apply for treatment for a condition due to war service. If, as a result of such treatment, the award is found to have been seriously erroneous as an assessment for permanent purposes, a further grant can be made.

29. Captain P. MACDONALD

asked the Minister of Pensions how many new claims and how many appeals against previous assessments for war pensions, made to his Department before 1st October, remain unsettled?


The records of the Ministry would not, I fear, enable me to give the information required without a more laborious investigation than would be justified by the results.