§ 1. Mr. CONNOLLY
asked the President of the Board of Trade how many shipbuilding and ship-repairing yards on the Chinese seaboard are wholly or partially owned by British firms; and the names of such firms?
§ The PRESIDENT of the BOARD of TRADE (Sir Philip Cunliffe-Lister)
So far as I am aware, there are seven such ship-building and ship-repairing yards.
With the hon. Member's permission, I will circulate the list of names in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Following is the list:
- 1. Taku Tug and Lighter Company, Limited, Tientsin.
- 2. Tientsin Lighter Company, Limited, Tientsin.
- 3. Shanghai Dock and Engineering Company, Limited, Shanghai.
- 4. New Engineering and Shipbuilding Company, Limited, Shanghai.
- 5. Hongkong and Whampoa Dock Company, Limited, Hongkong
- 6. W. S. Bailey and Company, Limited, Hongkong.
- 7. Taikoo Dockyard and Engineering Company, Limited, Hongkong.