§ 72. Mr. RAMSDEN
asked the First Lord of the Admiralty the number of ships that have been in the dry docks or the basin at the Royal Dockyard, Woolwich, in the period 1914 to 1919, and also from the 1st January, 1920, to the end of 1925?
§ The FIRST LORD of the ADMIRALTY (Mr. Bridgeman)
The dockyard at Woolwich ceased to exist as a Royal naval dockyard in 1869, and has not since been used for docking or repairing ships of His Majesty's Navy. But in 1870 it was handed over to the War Office, who at that time were in great need of a commissariat establishment. Part of it has now been handed back to the Admiralty, who are disposing of it; the remainder is still used by the War Department for storage purposes.