HC Deb 16 June 1924 vol 174 c1718
24. Sir W. de FRECE

asked the Prime Minister whether the result of the negotiations with Zaghloul Pasha will be submitted to the House for its approval before any official British sanction is given to it; and whether it is the policy of the Government to retain its holding of the Suez Canal shares?


I would refer the hon. Member to the last sentence of my reply to the hon. Member for Stafford (Mr. Ormsby-Gore) on 25th February last. The answer to the second part of the question is in the affirmative.