HC Deb 31 July 1923 vol 167 c1251
25. Captain AINSWORTH

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether, in the case of old soldiers who have accidentally lost their medals, any provision is made, and, if so, of what nature, whereby such medals can be replaced at the cheapest possible rate; and whether he can make an official announcement on the subject?

Lieut.-Colonel GUINNESS

Yes, Sir; such ex-soldiers can have their medals replaced on making a statutory declaration as to the circumstances of the loss and on payment of 7s. 6d. for a silver medal or 2s. for a bronze one.