HC Deb 23 July 1923 vol 167 c4

asked the Under-Secretary of State for India whether any hostel accommodation is provided by the Government of India at the Universities of India for the sons of English officials or other English residents in India of small means?


I would refer my hon. Friend to my reply to the question asked by the then hon. Member for Rossendale on 27th June, 1922, a copy of which I will send to him. So far as my Noble Friend is aware, no special hostel accommodation is provided by Governments in India for the classes of students mentioned, but he is referring the inquiry to the Government of India.