§ 49. Lieut.-Commander KENWORTHY
asked the Prime Minister whether he can give the names of the British representatives for the Assembly of the League of Nations; whether it is intended to confine representation of Great Britain to members of the one political party supporting the present Government; whether a woman delegate will be included in the British representation; and whether he can say who will represent the Dominion of South Africa this year?
58. Captain BENN
asked the Prime Minister whether the British delegates to the League of Nations Assembly have yet been nominated; and whether it has been decided to include a woman among them?
§ The PRIME MINISTER (Mr. Baldwin)
The delegates representing the British Government at the forthcoming meeting of the Assembly of the League of Nations will be
- My Noble Friend, the Lord Privy Seal (Lord Robert Cecil),
- My Right Hon. Friend, the President of the Board of Education (Mr. Edward Wood),
- The Right Hon. Sir James Rennell Rodd.
§ The following will also attend the Assembly as substitute delegates:
- The Right Hon. Sir Willoughby Dickinson.
- Sir H. Llewelyn Smith.
- Dame Edith Lyttelton.
- General the Right Hon. J. C. Smuts will, if possible, represent South Africa.
§ Lieut.-Commander KENWORTHY
I was not asking on behalf of any party, and the same condition will apply to Conservatives when they are in opposition next year.