HC Deb 01 August 1922 vol 157 cc1348-9

If any officer or man, owing to molestation or danger or (in the case of an officer or man to whom compensation is payable under Section one of this Act) for any other cause whatsoever, moves his home either to another place in Ireland or to any place outside Ireland, he shall be entitled to be repaid the reasonable costs incurred in connection with such removal up to a maximum of one month's pay for unmarried men, two months' pay for married men with less than three children, and three months' pay for married men with three or more children.

These allowances will be payable on application at any time within six months of the date of disbandment.

In order to avoid any delay in the payment of these allowances, they will be payable on demand at the date of disbandment or at any time within six months thereafter; every officer or man who receives such allowance will be required to produce to the tribunal appointed under this Act, evidence that he has in fact moved his home; and if he has not moved his home or if the reasonable expenses incurred in connection with such removal are less than the amount of the allowance which he has received, the tribunal may require him to refund the whole or part of the allowance, as the case may be.

In eases of officers and men holding acting rank above that of their substantive rank, disturbance allowance will be calculated upon the pay of the acting rank. In cases where officers or men holding acting rank have already been disbanded and have received disturbance allowance calculated upon their substantive pay, application may be made to the Chief Secretary or the Colonial Office, for the payment of the difference between the sum received and the disturbance allowance that would have been payable if it had been calculated upon such acting rank.