HC Deb 25 March 1920 vol 127 c610
81. Mr. MYERS

asked the Secretary to the Treasury whether a person in receipt of an old age pension who has relatives in Australia, who would give him care and attention in his old age, could emigrate to that country and have his pension forwarded to him there?


The reply is in the negative. Section five of the Old Age Pensions Act, 1911, provides that "a sum shall not be paid on account of an old age pension … to any person while absent from the United Kingdom."