55. Lieut.-Col. AUBREY HERBERT
asked the Prime Minister who are the right hon. Gentlemen composing the Cabinet?
§ 67. Major-General Sir J. DAVIDSON
asked the Prime Minister whether it is his intention to re-establish the system of Cabinet government with collective responsibility, or if he intends to continue the present system of War Cabinet assisted by Cabinet Committees; and whether, in the event of his deciding on the former alternative, he can say how and when the Cabinet will be constituted or, in the latter alternative, he can state what is the present system and machinery of government?
§ Mr. BONAR LAW
The Prime Minister has invited the following Ministers to be members of the Cabinet:
- Lord Privy Seal.
- Lord President of the Council.
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- My Right Hon. Friend the Member for the Gorbals Division of Glasgow.
- Lord Lieutenant of Ireland or the Chief Secretary.
- Lord Chancellor.
- Secretary of State for the Home Department.
- Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs.
- Secretary of State for the Colonies.
- Secretary of State for War and Air.
- Secretary of State for India.
- First Lord of the Admiralty.
- Secretary for Scotland.
- President of the Board of Trade.
- Minister of Health.
- President of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- President of the Board of Education.
- Minister of Labour.
- Minister of Transport.
§ Mr. C. WHITE
Will the eight Gentlemen who were invited to Downing Street last Friday be among them?