HC Deb 19 February 1919 vol 112 c913
25. Colonel WEDGWOOD

asked whether cadets or officers at Woolwich or in the Regular Army can obtain their discharge in order to complete their education in the same way as cadets or officers in the temporary Army; and, if not, what steps are being taken to enable them to complete their educational studies?

Captain GUEST (Joint Patronage Secretary to the Treasury)

Although prior to admission to the Royal Military Academy or Royal Military College, gentlemen cadets must declare that it is their bonâ fide intention to make the Army their profession in life, they are in practice allowed to withdraw at any time. Officers of the Regular Army may resign their commissions provided they join the Reserve of Officers.