HC Deb 14 November 1918 vol 110 cc2877-8
100. Mr. G. TERRELL

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War if he can state to whom application should be made for the release of men from the Army for return to their civil occupations, and the principles which will govern the military authorities in granting such release?


I have been asked to reply to this question. The Civil Demobilisation and Resettlement Department of the Ministry of Labour will be responsible for dealing with applications for the release of men from the forces and for laying down the principles which, subject to the exigencies of the naval and military situation, will regulate the order of release. I propose to deal with both these points in a public announcement.