§ 23. Mr. GILBERT
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will state the names of the members of the Advisory Committee who advise the police authorities as regards the safety of air raid shelters in the London area; and will he state if the London County Council, who are the Building Act authority for London, have been consulted in any way on this matter?
§ Sir G. CAVE
The following are the names of the members of the Advisory Committee:
The Commissioner also has the assistance of an officer of the Royal Engineers invalided from France, who has had exceptional experience in the construction of dug-outs and in the protection of buildings against shell-fire. The Commissioner has been in correspondence with the superintending architect of the London County Council.
- Sir A. Stenning, F.R.I.B.A., Past President of the Surveyors' Institution (Chairman).
- Mr. E. C. P. Monson, F.R.I.B.A., F.S.I.
- Mr. Fitzroy Doll, F.R.I.B.A., F.S.I.
- Mr. Dendy Watney, F.S.I.
- Mr. Horace Cheston, F.R.I.B.A., F.S.I.
- Mr. Percy Monckton, F.R.I.B.A., F.S.I.
- Brigadier-General F. Horniblow, C.B.
- Major F. G. P. Gedge, D.S.O., R.E., and
- Lieutenant W. P. H. Roe, R.E.