§ 66. Mr. ASHLEY
asked what decision has been arrived at with reference to bands, including pipe bands, of third-line units of the Territorial Force?
§ Mr. FORSTER
Yes, Sir, a decision has been reached, and was announced at the end of August. The third-line Territorial Force units are permitted to maintain bands, provided:
- 1. That only those bands which have a rained personnel available are to be allowed.
- 2. That the establishment as laid down for an Infantry band is not to be exceeded.
- 3. That the personnel consists only of Category "C" men, who are to be periodically examined, and, if they pass into Category "A" for fitness, are to cease to form part of the band.
- 4. That the personnel is to be always liable for regimental employment in camp.
- 5. That no extra expense to the public is to be incurred.