HC Deb 31 May 1916 vol 82 c2723

asked the President of the Local Government Board whether a soldier or his dependants who desire to make a claim for assistance towards paying all or part of the rent of any house or rooms for which he is or they are responsible, held on ordinary weekly or monthly tenancies, should apply to the Commissioner appointed under the Regulations of the Military Service (Civil Liabilities) Committee or to the Statutory Committee?


In cases in which no assistance is needed beyond the supplementary rent allowance, which can be given by the Soldiers' and Sailors' Families Association, it is desirable that application should be made to the Soldiers' and Sailors' Families Association or, after the 30th June next, to the Statutory Committee. In cases in which the supplementary rent allowance alone is insufficient applications should be made to the Commissioner appointed by the Military Service (Civil Liabilities) Committee.

Forward to