HC Deb 04 January 1916 vol 77 cc811-2
30. Mr. BOOTH

asked the Comptroller of the Household, as representing the National Health Insurance Commissioners, if a decision has yet been reached as the time of valuation of the approved societies?

The COMPTROLLER of the HOUSEHOLD (Mr. Charles Robers)

Since the date of my last statement on this subject the staff both of approved societies and of my Department has been still further depleted by enlistment, and it has become clear that it would not be justifiable under present conditions to press for the completion of the work incidental to valuation. Any long postponement would be unfortunate, as I am sure my hon. Friend will agree, and it has therefore been decided to make a beginning at the earliest date consistent with the fulfilment of more pressing national needs.


Can we not have a little further information about this matter— will it be now, next June, or next Christmas, or the following year, or when?


I do not think I can make any more definite statement at present, in view of existing conditions.