§ Order read for further consideration of—
§ Thirty-first Resolution—
§ "(1) That it is expedient to make such Amendments in the enactments relating to the rates of postage and other sums to be charged in respect of postal packets as will enable the rate of postage—
- (i.) for an inland postcard to be increased from ½d. to 1d or, if it is a reply postcard, from 1d. to 2d.;
- (ii.) for an inland book packet the weight of which does not exceed two ounces to be increased from ½d. to 1d.;
- (iii.) for an inland registered newspaper to be increased from ½d. to 1d.
§ (2) That it is expedient to make such amendments in the enactments relating to the charges for the transmission of telegrams as will enable—
- (i.) the charges for the transmission of written telegrams throughout the United Kingdom to be fixed at a rate not exceeding 9d. for each telegram of twelve words, or for each telegram of less than twelve words, and ½d. for each additional word; and
- (ii.) the charges for Press telegrams to be fixed at rates not exceeding 2s. 6d. for every 100 words transmitted between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 a.m., and 2s. 6d. for every 75 words transmitted between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., to a single address, with an additional charge of 8d. for every 100 words or for every 75 words, as the case may be, of the same telegraphic communication transmitted to every additional address."
§ Order discharged.