HC Deb 16 July 1912 vol 41 c222

asked if the right hon. Gentleman will say whether persons who are now in the Civil Service and who have applied for appointments under the National Insurance Act will be required to undergo examination again, or whether they will be transferred to the Insurance Department?


Second division clerks and assistant clerks, if transferred in that capacity from one public department to another, do not require new Civil Service certificates, and are transferred in ordinary course without further examination. For established posts other than second division clerkships and assistant clerkships under the Insurance Commission new certificates are required, and the Civil Service Commissioners have to satisfy themselves, by examination or otherwise, that the candidates selected possess the necessary qualifications. Literary examination is, however, as a rule, dispensed with in the case of candidates who can produce evidence that they possess the necessary educational qualifications for the posts to which they are being transferred.