HC Deb 29 June 1911 vol 27 c571

asked the Postmaster-General when the Memorandum dealing with the conditions of transfer of the staff of the National Telephone Company, which he promised should be circulated with the Bill will be issued, and whether in view of the deputations which he has consented to receive in reference to this matter he will postpone the Second Reading of the Bill until such date as will allow of full time being given for the consideration of such Memorandum, and the result of such deputations in conjunction with the proposals contained in the Bill?


In the absence of my right hon. Friend and owing to the fact that the short notice which has been given has not yet reached him, I must ask the hon. Member to postpone the question. In the meantime I will communicate with my right hon. Friend and let him have an answer as soon as possible.


Will the hon. and gallant Gentleman endeavour to persuade the Postmaster-General not to bring on the Second Reading until such time as I have asked for?

Captain NORTON

I will consult my right hon. Friend with reference to that.