Mr. MacCALLUM SCOTT
asked the Home Secretary whether he is now able 1403 to make any announcement with regard to the appointment of a committee to report on the jury system?
§ Mr. McKENNA
Yes, Sir; the Committee have been appointed to-day, and an announcement will appear in the newspapers to-morrow morning. I may tell my hon. Friend at once that Lord Mersey has consented to be chairman of the Committee, and the names of the other members in alphabetical order are:—
- Mr. Ernley Blackwell, C.B., Assistant Under-Secretary of State.
- Mr. Tufnell Burchell, Acting Under-Sheriff for the county of London.
- The hon. Member for Southern Carnarvon (Mr. Ellis W. Davies).
- The hon. Member for Eastbourne (Mr. Rupert Gwynne).
- Mr. English Harrison, K.C., Chairman of the General Council of the Bar.
- The Right Hon. Henry Hobhouse.
- His Honour Judge Parry, and
- The hon. Member for Blackburn (Mr. Philip Snowden).