HC Deb 18 July 1910 vol 19 cc849-50
Sir J. D. REES

asked the Home Secretary whether he will cause accidents resulting from the use of bicycles and tricycles to be reported and registered in like manner with accidents resulting from motor-driven vehicles?


All accidents which are known to the Metropolitan Police to have been caused by motor cycles or other cycles, and which have resulted in either personal injury or in death, are recorded in the Commissioner's Annual Report (tables 13, 14, and 15). Accidents caused by motor cycles throughout England and Wales are included in the Return (No. 100 of 1909) or Street Accidents Caused by Vehicles.

Mr. J. D. REES

In that case why cannot the accidents referred to in the question be included in that Return?


No. A return of accidents from all cycles would involve much labour and expense, more than would be justified.