HC Deb 28 February 1910 vol 14 c571

asked the hon. and learned Gentleman whether any provision for appeal against or rectification of accidental omissions from or errors in the registers of Parliamentary voters after such registers have left the hands of the revising barrister exists; if not, whether he will undertake that one or more of the revising barristers will be constituted a body to whom appeal may be made during the month of January in each year to obtain redress in cases of unintentional error and hardship; and if he will have the effect of the omission of the whole of the old lodgers (13) in the parish of Rowde, in the Eastern (Devizes) Division of Wiltshire, redressed?


There is no provision for appeal in respect of accidental errors or omissions in the lists of voters after the Revising Barrister has closed his courts, nor for rectifying the register after it has been delivered to the Returning Officer. The omission referred to in the question therefore cannot be redressed. The plan suggested for obtaining redress in similar cases does not seem to be practicable.