HC Deb 03 August 1898 vol 15 c1205
MR. KNOWLES (Salford, W.)

I beg to ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will introduce, at an early date, a Bill to carry out the Report from the Departmental Committee on the treatment of inebriates?


As I stated to the hon. Member on June 19, I cannot hope to deal with the subject this Session; but I am giving instructions to have a Bill drawn which will embody the main recommendations of the Committee, and I trust that legislation in that direction will be found possible next year.


Will the right hon. Gentleman introduce the Bill this Session in order that Members may see its provision?


I cannot undertake to do that.