§ DR. KENNY (Dublin, College Green)
moved for copies of the following Papers:—
- "(a)Report of the National Teachers' (Ireland) Organization on the dismissal of the female teacher of the Leighlinbridge (County Carlow) National School;
- (b)Copy of Complaint which the manager of said school, the Rev. J. Connolly, P.P., made to the Commissioners of National Education (Ireland) on publication of said Reports;
- (c)Copy of Communication addressed by the secretaries of the National Board to the school managers of the three teachers whose conduct was complained of;
- (d)Copies of the Explanations offered by those teachers, and also of the Communications from their managers on the same subject; and
- (e)Minute of the Action taken by the Board in regard to those teachers, with the date on which the cases were decided."
§ MR. T. M. HEALY (Louth, N.)
objected that some of the information proposed to be included in the Return was 1273 non-official, and be thought that an opportunity should be given to the other side to state their case.
§ DR. KENNY
said, he could not understand the opposition. The National Board was quite willing to grant the Return. The only reason could be to exclude some portion of light upon a matter which had caused a great deal of anxiety to persons solicitous for the well-being of a large class of Her Majesty's subjects.
MR. J. MORLEY
I was informed at first there was some objection to a portion of this Return, and in consequence of that I intended to take into consideration the granting it. But I have since learned that the objection locally is not a strong one, and, therefore, I have agreed to the Return.
§ Motion agreed to.