HC Deb 19 March 1891 vol 351 c1429
MR. MARJORIBANKS (Berwickshire)

I beg to ask the Secretary to the Treasury whether he can state if there is an early prospect of the negotiations between the Scotch Office, the Treasury, the Scottish Fishery Board, and the Public Works Loan Commission with regard to a further advance of £10,000 for the completion of Eyemouth Harbour being satisfactorily concluded, so that the necessary works may be now contracted for by the Harbour Trustees and carried into effect during the coming summer?


The negotiations referred to have reached such a stage that I think I may say that a decision will be come to at such a date as not to preclude the Eyemouth Harbour Commissioners, in the event of its being favourable, from taking advantage of the coming season.