§ MR. BUCHANAN (Edinburgh, W.)
I beg to ask the Secretary of State for War what prevents the War Office taking possession, for Military purposes, of the Island of Inchkeith; what is the price asked for the island by the proprietor; and what is the valuation upon which he pays taxes; whether he is aware that considerable risk attends the embarking and disembarking of troops on the island; and whether a suitable jetty will shortly be constructed?
§ MR. E. STANHOPE
Negotiations for the purchase of Inchkeith are now pending. The question of constructing a jetty must largely depend on the result of the negotiations.