§ MR. J. ROWLANDS (Finsbury, E.)
asked the hon. Member for the Epping Division of Essex, Whether means can be devised by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners for preserving for ever, as a public recreation ground for the population of North London, the Churchyard Bottom Wood, comprising 51½ acres, in Hornsey; and. whether, according to a Parliamentary Survey of 1647, it forms part of the "Woods and Waste" of the Manor of Hornsey, and is one of the few remaining portions of the old Middlesex Forest?
§ SIR HENRY SELWIN-IBBETSON (Essex, Epping)
Gravel Pit Wood of 70 acres is already dedicated to the public as a gift by the Commissioners under a special Act obtained by agreement with the Corporation of London; and while prepared to sell the Church Bottom Wood, as shown by the offer made to the Local Board, they are not prepared to make any further gift. The Wood in question formed no part of the "waste" of the Manor of Hornsey, but was part of the Episcopal demesne land, and has been granted out on beneficial lease by the Bishops of London since the early part of the 17th century.