§ MR. BERESFORD (for Colonel KING-HARMAN)
asked the President of the Board of Trade, Whether the improvements of Tory Island Lighthouse, for which the Commissioners of Irish Lights obtained the statutory sanction of the Board of Trade, and which were postponed pending the result of the investigations of the Illuminants Committee, may now be proceeded with, inasmuch as the Illuminants Committee has been dissolved?
§ MR. CHAMBERLAIN
The Board of Trade have not yet given their statu- 127 tory sanction to the proposed alterations at Tory Island Lighthouse, the consideration of the subject having been postponed at the beginning of the year pending the result of the then projected inquiry. On January 25 last the Commissioners of Irish Lights were asked for a Report on certain points connected with their proposed alterations. This Report has not yet been received; but as soon as I receive it I will take care that it shall have prompt and careful consideration.