HC Deb 18 July 1882 vol 272 c889

asked the Postmaster General, What prospect there is of the completion of arrangements for the acceleration of the Mails between London and Dublin?


asked the Postmaster General, Whether, in view of the great importance of the subject, he will postpone any final decision on the proposed new contract for the conveyance of the mails between England and Ireland until after an opportunity is given for discussing the question on the Post Office Vote, or otherwise?


I am very anxious that the public should have the advantage, with the least possible delay, of any improvement that may be found practicable in the Mail Service to Ireland. If, however, the hon. Member and Irish Members generally desire that the decision should be postponed in reference to the contract for the conveyance of the mails until after the Post Office Votes have been taken, I shall have no objection to accede to their wishes on the subject.