§ VISCOUNT SANDON
moved to leave out the Schedule and insert the following Schedule:— Second Schedule.
§ (Rules as to Local Committee.)
- "(1.) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the school attendance committee may from time to time add to or diminish the number of members, or change the members of any local committee appointed by them, or may dissolve any such committee.
- "(2.) A local committee shall, unless the school attendance committee appointing them otherwise direct, continue in office until the first meeting of that committee after the next annual appointment thereof, and thereafter until a new local committee is appointed.
§ (Rules as to School Attendance Committee and Local Committee.)
- "(3.) Subject to any regulations made in the case of a school attendance committee by the council or guardians appointing it, and in the case of a local committee by the school attendance committee appointing it, the provisions of the Third Schedule of 'The Elementary Education Act, 1870,'with reference to proceedings of managers appointed by a School Board, shall apply to the proceedings of a school attendance committee and a local committee under this Act.
- "(4.) A school attendance committee shall continue in office until the first meeting of the council or guardians appointing it after the next annual election of councillors and guardians, and thereafter until the new committee is appointed.
- "(5.) A committee appointed by guardians shall be appointed at the first meeting after the annual election of guardians, or some other meeting fixed with the approval of the local government board for the purpose."
§ Motion agreed to.
§ Schedules 3 and 4 agreed to.
§ Preamble agreed to.
§ Bill reported; as amended, to be considered upon Thursday next, and to be printed. [Bill 277.]72
§ MR. W. E. FORSTER
hoped the Bill would be immediately printed, and that the noble Lord would be enabled on Thursday to give the House information as to the legal opinion in the Keynsham case.
§ VISCOUNT SANDON would be happy to do so.