§ Lord Bach:
My right honourable friend the Minister of State for Defence (Mr Adam Ingram) has made the following Written Ministerial Statement.
The agency was originally launched as the Disposal Sales Agency in October 1994 and was relaunched in November 2000 as the Disposal Services Agency. DSA provides a total disposal solution by acting as a broker and adding value through expert advice across the public sector. The agency operates very much in line with the Government's aim of more joined-up delivery. The chief executive of the agency has been set the following key targets for the financial year 2004–05:
- To achieve a disposal sales gross cash receipt of £20 million from sales of surplus government-owned equipment and stores. This figure reflects the planned surplus equipment disposal programme.
- To meet the key performance indicators agreed in the customer supplier agreement (CSA) with the Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO).
- To ensure that the agency is at the standard or above the standard of the public sector benchmarking report for overall customer satisfaction.
- To secure £365,000 sales per person employed for commercial sales activities.
- To ensure that the e-Trade Exchange is operational in 2004–05 and that 30 per cent of eligible agency contractors use it.