§ Yvette Cooper
Specific information about the household type and gender of homeless applicants, and those in various forms of temporary accommodation such as bed and breakfast, is included in an annual return supplied by local authorities, using the classifications as follows:
- Couples with dependent children
- Lone parent—female applicant
- Lone parent—male applicant
- Single person—female applicant
- Single person—male applicant
- All other household types
No information is collected about individual household members.
Final responses to the return are still being received. Data are currently being validated and provisional analyses are expected to be available before the end of the year.