HC Deb 18 December 2001 vol 377 c215W
18. Mr. Bill O'Brien

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions what guidance he gives to local authorities on minimising traffic disturbance connected to roadworks undertaken by utilities; and if he will make statement. [21574]

Mr. Byers

Authorities must co-ordinate works to minimise inconvenience to road users, and utilities must co-operate with them. Guidance is given in a code of practice on co-ordination and in "Best Practice in Street Works and Highway Works", published by my Department in conjunction with the Highway Authorities and Utilities Committee.

Forward to