§ Mr. Ian Stewart
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what targets have been set for the OGCbuying.solutions trading fund for 2001–02.417W
§ Mr. Andrew Smith
I am pleased to announce that the new Office of Government Commerce trading fund, OGCbuying.solutions, came into being on 3 April 2001. The new trading fund is based on The Buying Agency, but includes certain managed services provided in the past by the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency. I announced the creation of OGCbuying.solutions in a written answer on 19 December 2000,Official Report, column 162W.
have set the following challenging targets for the trading fund for 2001–02.OGCbuying.solutions: Targets for 2001–02
- 1. By comparison over a representative basket of goods and services bought regularly by central Government, the Agency will demonstrate that it offers on average a 5 per cent. price advantage, on a like for like basis, to users of its contracts.
- 2. The Agency will put in place tools to measure and an action plan to improve the match between its range of contracts and the needs of central civil Government.
- 3. The Agency will increase the proportion of its business done with central civil Government by 10 per cent. by 31 March.
- 4. The Agency will ensure 90 per cent. of the goods and services offered through its catalogues are available for electronic ordering by customers. Furthermore the Agency will put in place an incentivisation scheme aimed at increasing dramatically the take-up of e-commerce by its customers.
- 5. The Agency will achieve levels of customer satisfaction above 90 per cent. as measured by regular customer feedback.
- 6. The Agency will generate 8 per cent. Return On Capital Employed (ROCE).
- 7. To explore options for collaborative PPP arrangements to implement an e-commerce system to enhance the service to customers.
A copy of the new framework document for GCbuying.solutions has been placed in the Libraries of both Houses. A copy of their business plan for 2001 can be found on their website: http://ogcbuyingsolutions.gov.uk.