HC Deb 15 March 1999 vol 327 c471W
Mr. Maclean

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions if he will publish the legal advice which his Department has received on whether the plans to provide a statutory right of access to land would create a right to general compensation under the Human Rights Act 1998. [76451]

Mr. Meacher

It is not the practice for the Government to publish legal advice which they receive, and it is not proposed to publish any such advice in this case.