§ Mr. Chidgey
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will list the task forces and advisory groups composed of independent members which have been set up by his Department since 1 May 1997, indicating in each case(a) their remit, (b) their membership, (c) how many members are (i) scientists, (ii) engineers, (iii) small business people or representatives of small businesses, (d) any remuneration members receive for their services and (e) their budget. 
§ Mr. Ron Davies
The information requested is as follows:
Departmental Task Forces and Advisory Groups
National Assembly Advisory Group
(a) RemitTo assist the Secretary of State in the preparation of guidance to the Standing Orders Commission.To respond to requests for advice from the Secretary of State on other matters relating to the establishment of the National Assembly (i.e. matters which do not directly affect its standing orders).(b) Membership
- John Elfed Jones: Chairman
- Nick Bourne: Conservative
- Ioan Bowen Rees: Former Chief Executive, Gwynedd County Council
- Majorie Dykins: Voluntary Sector
- Ken Hopkins: NIACE
- Mari James: Academic
- Helen Mary Jones: Equal Opportunities Commission
- Howard Marshall: UNISON
- Eluned Morgan: Member, European Parliament
- Joyce Redfearn: Chief Executive, Monmouthshire County Councill
- Viscount St. Davids: House of Lords
- Ray Singh: Commissioner for Racial Equality
- Ian Spatling: Confederation of British Industry
- Kirsty Williams: Liberal Democrat
- Scientists: 1 (retired)
- Engineers: 1 (retired)
- Small business people/representatives: 1
- Posts on the Advisory Group are unpaid. Members receive travel and subsistence expenses at the normal Welsh Office rates.
- The budget for the financial year 1998–99 is £200,000 which covers the Advisory Group and the statutory Standing Orders Commissioners.
Wales New Deal Advisory Task Force
(a) RemitTo give advice to the Secretary of State for Wales on how the New Deal can be developed and implemented to meet the needs and circumstances of Wales.To promote the New Deal, particularly to the business, voluntary and environment sectors and to stimulate action and commitment to the New Deal in all relevant sectors.To receive regular reports on progress in implementing the New Deal and to advise the Secretary of State on emerging issues and means of resolution.To support the work of the UK Task Force by advising on issues of programme policy and design which are relevant to Wales.(b) Membership
548W (c) Representation
- Graham Hawker (Chairman): Group Chief Executive, Hyder PLC
- Graham Benfield: Director, Wales Council for Voluntary Action
- Leighton Carnell: Corporate Director, Barclays Bank PLC
- Spencer Davies: Managing Director, Spencer Davies Engineering Ltd.
- Haydn Edwards: Principal, Coleg Menai
- Margaret Evans: Director, Prince's Trust Volunteers
- Jane Hutt: Director, Chwarae Teg
- David Jenkins: General Secretary, Wales TUC
- Roger Jones OBE: Managing Director, Penn Pharmaceuticals
- Paul Loveluck: Chief Executive, Countryside Council for Wales
- John Newton-Jones: Chief Executive, Farmworld
- Anne Poole: Director, NIACE Cymru
- Adam Price: Executive Manager, Menter a Busnes
- Sue Price: Executive Director, Groundwork Merthyr and Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Gill Richards: Partner, Atebion
- Cherry Short: Commission for Racial Equality
- Huw Vaughan Thomas: Chief Executive, Denbighshire County Council
- Kevin Watson: Church Minister representing CYTUN (Churches Together in Wales)
- Alison Lea Wilson: Partner, Anglesey Sea Zoo
- Wendy Yates: Director of Personnel, City and County of Swansea
- Scientists: 2
- Engineers: 1
- Small business people/representatives: 5 (including the engineer)
- Members are not remunerated.
(e) The Advisory Task Force does not have a budget.
All Wales Agri-environment Scheme Working Group
(a) RemitTo advise the Secretary of State on the technical details of a new Agri-environment scheme available to farmers throughout Wales.(b) Membership
- Mr. M. Thomas: National Farmers' Union
- Mr. R. Nowell-Phillips: Farmers Union of Wales
- Mr. J. Salmon: Countryside Landowners Association
- Mr. N. Thomas: Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- 11 other members represented the Welsh Office, local authorities and non-departmental public bodies. They have not been classed as independent members.
- Scientists: 1
- Engineers: 0
- Small business people/representatives: 3
- Members receive no remuneration.
- The group has no budget.